Hearing from people who have real, lived experience of having a personal health budget, helps people take the leap into something new, so peoplehub and NHS England have created a way that personal health budget holders can share their experiences with each other through social media.
On 9th May 2018, peoplehub, in partnership with NHS England’s Lived experience team, successfully launched #myPHBstory at an exciting event for people from across the country, who kick-started the twitter activity.
Where does this idea come from?
In 2017, NHS England commissioned an independent survey of how personal health budgets were being implemented. This was completed by nearly 400 people who held a personal health budget and people who were considering a personal health budget.
- 83% of the people who already had a personal health budget said they found out about them through a non-professional route.
- 54% of people who didn’t already have a personal health budget said that more than anything else, they wanted to hear other people’s personal health budget stories when applying.
This hashtag has 3 aims:
- to connect people who have a personal health budget;
- share images of what’s possible with a personal health budget;
- start to build a community of experience independent of any organisational structure.
How can you join in the discussions and stories?
#myPHBstory is live and is the space for sharing personal health budget stories. Here you will find people with personal health budgets describing how their lives have been changed for the better.
Need to know who to follow? Look through the tweets in the timeline, if anything takes your interest, reply or follow that person to keep track of their story.
Please join us in the #myPHBstory space – see you there!