What we do
Our aim is to connect and empower people with long term health conditions and disabilities so that they can have greater choice and control in their lives.
In order to help this happen, we:
- Provide clear and relevant information as one way to empower people
- Encourage people to share their stories and experiences
- Connect people together through the peoplehub community
- Enable people to understand and implement meaningful strategic co-production
Peoplehub is unique because:
- We empower people with lived experience to use their own voice, rather than representing them
- We have direct experience of personal health budgets or personalised care, either as an individual or as a family carer
- We recognise and address the power and information imbalance which needs to be addressed in order that people can meaningfully coproduce with systems
- We have a significant track record in co-developing and influencing the policy and implementation of personal health budgets and personalised care
Some of our achievements include:
- Developed a national personal health budget peer network, which later evolved into the NHS England Personalised Care Strategic Co-production Group
- Led the co-production of the “Key features of a personal health budget” in partnership with NHS England
- Created and delivered numerous tailored workshops on personal health budgets, care and support planning and co-production
- Co-created and facilitated the development of local co-production groups
- Created the Peer Leadership Academy to develop people’s knowledge, skills and confidence to enable meaningful co-production of personalised care
- Provided practical support to enable people to participate in NHS England’s Personalised Care Strategic Co-production work
- Co-created, with NHS England and other partners, the new online Peer Leadership Development Programme
- Created innovative resources on personal health budgets, continuing healthcare and co-production
Peoplehub is experienced in creating tailored workshops for a wide range of audiences, including individuals and families, voluntary organisations, health professionals, providers, and commissioners.
We’ve created and delivered half day and full day workshops and training sessions on a range of topics including:
- An introduction to personal health budgets
- Personalised care and support planning for personal health budgets
- Facilitating strategic co-production
All workshops are co-facilitated by two peoplehub team members, one of whom will always be a person with lived experience.
If you would like to talk with us about how we can design a workshop session specifically suited to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form on the Contact Us page.